Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas break and getting going on training for 2010

I headed back home to Michigan for Christmas. It was a busy time where I got to see lots of family and friends. I intended to ride the trainer, but with everything going on, I hauled my bike back for about 1.5 hrs of total riding. Things did get better when I went up north to the cottage, as I did a fair amount of cross country skiing as well as a great night of downhill skiing. Here are some pictures that capture the event.


Its the time of year when getting ready for the next season really starts. I kicked off it off by doing a step test, in which I systematically increase my effort until I fail to increase the effort (or until you want to pass out or get sick). Specifically, you start at a power output of 100 watts (W) and increase 25 W every three minutes. The test went all right, and it will establish my training zones for the next little while.

I have been feeling a little under the weather recently, so as opposed to heading outside to ski or ride I have been doing a considerable amount of yoga. I think that I will continue to do yoga, I have been enjoying it and I think that it is a nice compliment to riding.

That is it for now, I hope you enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Great pictures Mike! Can't wait to see you this weekend!