Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Current Thumb Situation

So I sprained my thumb back in Novermber, and it has not really been healing like I would have liked it to. So on Tuesday I went for my first visit to the physical therapist. They did some tests and determined that my strength and range of motion were the same on both thumbs. My problem is that it is still swollen, and I just dont feel confident if I were to fall on it again, so gotta get it fixed. I have another appointment on Friday, to began the real therapy, but in the mean time I am wearing this wrap. In case you were wondering this wrap is made of a high tech polymer called a shape memory polymer, cool stuff!




Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you still have the Michigan flag up.

Anonymous said...

Yes - I liked that too. Also the splint and livestrong braclet are U of M colors. Go Blue!

Caroline said...

Shape Memory Polymers!!!! Cool... :-)

Unknown said...

P.S. Your sister says your are a baby

Mike said...

I think some people are missing the point of this post. I am not showing off my Michigan flag, or my livestrong band, nor am I advertising shape memory polymrs, I am talking about my thumb! I did not see one I hope your better soon!