Friday, February 6, 2009

Thumb Therapy: Day 1

Today was the first time that I did exercises at physical therapy. When I got there they treated me with therapeutic ultrasound, its not the imaging type, but the sounds waves are supposed to help reduce swelling and help get my thumb back in action. I also performed a number of exercises with a puddy designed to strengthen and stabilize my joint.

For some color commentary I decided to throw in a picture of me performing one of my exercises:

Don't worry, doing the exercises is much more exciting than it looks, but either way you better believe I will be doing them as prescribed.

6 comments:

Kelly Bartlett said...

So it does suck that your thumb is still bothering you but I can't help but laugh when I picture someone at pt working out their thumb. Do you ever get funny looks from the other people there?

Caroline said...

wow- that looks intense mike! don't overdo... :o)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Mike, I hope you get better soon, but the color commentary may have been better with a Michigan flag, or maybe some nice color juxtaposition of the blue clay with a yellow Livestrong bracelet. But seriously, get better soon.

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to be laughing at your expense - but the comments from the last two post are belly busting!
I do worry about you and hope the pt helps!
xoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day
Hope your thumb is better. Sorry about all the teasing you got. I have been enjoying your blog and the pictures. Wish you were going to the cottage this week-end with us.
Hugs and kisses.
Grandma F.