Sunday, April 12, 2009

The New Machine



The new bike has arrived and it looks great. The bike is totally redisigned from last year, and much changed from my bike from 2005. The suspension design looks pretty good, and the fork is entirely different, so I am excited to see how it will feel out on the trail.


The crankset is similiar to my roadbike, so I think it should be nice and stiff.


The bike has Avid brakes so I need to learn how to deal with a different brand, because if they are anything like my old brakes I will need to learn how to adjust them!

I wish I could get out on the bike but I left my shoes back at the bike shop and I wont have them for a few more days, nothing like having a brand new toy and not being able to pllay with it....

Thanks to the guys up at Bikers Edge for getting me set up on this thing, I will try to return the favor by getting up on the podium, I certainly have no escuses about the equipment.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet ride man. That bike will do great at 24 hours of boyne.
Mark Parmelee

Dad said...

Looks Awsome!! How long can it take to ship a pair of shoes? you have had the bike for 3 or 4 day's now. you are going to need all the help you can get to overcome my draggin rear at boyne.
Congrats on the new ride.
Dad

Bryan Underwood said...

Nice, the bike looks great. You should be able to rip through the single track on that thing.

Caroline said...

Since I'm a girl and not much of a cyclist all I can say is- I think it's pretty :-) Don't get it too muddy ;-)

Caroline said...

The white fork is going to look sweet!