Sunday, June 14, 2009

Skipping the Pinnacle Race

This was a rough week. I had a cumulative exam, which is a qualifying exam to become considered a doctoral candidate. Through the week I had planned to ride, however I started to have constant head aches starting on Wednesday, followed by flu like body aches Thursday and Friday. It was most likely a combination of studying 10-14 hours a day with the added stress. Either way, body aches and head aches are not what you want going into a race.

There are a few local races on Wednesday that I will hopefully feel up to jump in. I am also thinking about adding a road race next weekend to get a race in, otherwise its a little while till I am scheduled to race again. Races help you get fast, and I want to get fast, therefore I should race...

1 comment:

Dad said...

Mike- Hope you are feeling better. Maybe a short ride between studing might help to releive some of the stress of all that studing. Hard to keep a balance with a big test hanging over your head. I hope you find a race on wednesday, Im sure you will feel better burning up a little energy.
Live to race, race to live, but dont race life (pretty profound)
Talk to you soon,
Love Dad