Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tubeless Tire Fiasco

So I noticed that a few of my tubeless tires were starting to loose pressure quicker than normal, so I decided to fill them up with more sealant. My first tire had no problems, I just had to use some CO2 to get it inflated, not abnormal. Then I went to the next tire, which has a removable valve core, and decided to fill this one up with an injector. I then filled up the injector with sealant and screwed it onto valve and tried to push the plunger... but it was stuck. So then I tried a few tricks to clear up the hose, and then I gave it a little harder push, and then all of a sudden the hose popped off the valve and sealant went everywhere, as pictured below!


What a mess, the cost of tubeless tires.



On another note, last week I took the entire week of in order to recover from the 24 hour race and take a mid-season break. I went on a hike with my roommate to the top of a local park. I often ride my bike in this park and I ran across this weird circle of rocks, and on the hike I took a picture. It is some sort of Buddhist peace circle thingy, I forget the technical name for it, but thats the gist of it. Pretty cool, maybe one day I will stop by and try it out.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Dad said...

Mike - Maybe you should clean then tube out first. I'm guessing you did get the tire filled and holding air right?
Do you pray to Budda or meditate?
Good luck with your test and race this weekend.

Mom said...

It kinda looks like a Labyrinth - you would walk the path created by the rocks that is an intricate passageway. As you walk the path you would then meditate. You are also suppose to walk in your barefeet so all your senses are involved in the experience. Maybe take a walk before one of your exams. Peace be with you!!
xoxoxoxox

Unknown said...

you should pray that you don't have any more problems with your tires

Kelly Bartlett said...

you should pray that you're mom stops turning into a nutcase

Mom said...

thanks Kelly - just had a good laugh for the day, after reading your post!!!!