Monday, November 17, 2008

The Trainer

This week has begun the part of the cycling season that many cyclists fear more than anything else, the long winter on the trainer. Luckily for me I actually like the trainer. This is what a typical trainer set up looks like:


So you sort of just sit there and pedal, and then you pedal some more. I usually put a movie in and sit and pedal for 2-3 hrs at a time. If all goes according to plan I hope to watch all of the Bourne movies this week, so that should be exciting.

This winter I also hope to get into the weight room more, and also I want to get some cross country skis so I could do that as an alternative to being on the trainer. Either way I am optimistic for this upcoming season and its just about time to start getting prepared.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I don't have to worry about you riding outside in the dark and oncoming traffic =:)
Can't wait till Thanksgiving.
Love, Mom
XOXOXOXOXO

Unknown said...

Talking about Jason Bourne...you are just fishing for a comment from me. Anyway, I was going to comment anyway...something to the effect of how only wussies ride trainers because they can't handle the cold.