Sunday, November 23, 2008

The End of an Era, The Beginning of a Season

On Wednesday night at 8:30PM an era had come to a close, my yellow mountain bike was sold to a Texan. Over the past three of four years me and my yellow bike have had many good rides, with good friends, all over the country. Over the years I have replaced nearly every part with a hand selected part, and she was just like I wanted her to be, but as with all good things they must come to an end. So goodbye yellow bike, you will be missed but never forgotten. I sent her off in style, check out the packing job!

On a brighter note I opened up the downhill ski season on Saturday at Mt. Snow in Vermont. I bought a student season pass this year, and it was a great deal, so when Mt. Snow opened on Saturday my friend Sean and I had to head up. Its about an hour or so away, so the drive was just like going up to Nubs Nob from the cottage. They had 5 top to bottom runs open, and an impressive amount of snow, more than I had anticipated. It was actually really cold and windy, but other than that it was a great day to be on the snow, and Mt. Snow seems like it will be a good place to have a season pass. I have been to Mt. Snow 4 times before, but that was on a bike, so seeing it covered with the white stuff was different, and going down was different than having to climb up, but it was most defiantly a welcome change!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me get all emotional about the yellow bike:(
Great pic of the mountain! Looked like great fun.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Unknown said...

It does seem like it would be easier to go down without having to work all the way up. See you tomorrow.