Sunday, January 11, 2009

The First week of 2009

The first week of 2009 turned out be a great one. I started working in my lab and throughly enjoyed that, and after work I pretty much just rode my bike. I was fortunate enough to be able to sit on the trainer for the Lord of The Rings Trilogy, those movies are great. I also watched Get Smart, which although it looked a little cheesy, was actually pretty funny. Another movie I watched was I Spy, it is not very popular but it had Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson and it is absolutely great, perhaps my favorite comedy, you should check it out. I also purchased Joe Dirt today, so I am looking forward to that (it was $5, worth it in my opinion). I should start up a blog about movie reviews, hmmmm.

I also made my first trip to the gym to lift weights. For a warm up a ran a mile, thats right, a entire mile. I then just did some really light lifting to get my legs back in the swing of things and practice technique on the squats. I ended up being sore for about four days even though I liften relatively lightly, I am sure the sorness time will decrease as I get used to lifting.
On Sunday I was originally going to go downhill skiing with Sean, but I ended up cancelling because I was still sore from lifting (so I made an awesome breakfast).


The day ended up being beautiful so I grabbed the cross country skis and headed out for about an hour. It was a perfect day, and it was fun to explore some of the cross country options. I had some great views, including one with a horse with everything covered in snow, and Mt. Sugarloaf in the background, it was pretty nice (but I didn't bring my camera!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice entry Mike, but please no more food pictures. I want to go get some breakfast now and It wont go very well with the diet. Glad you got out on the ski's. Did you just go out boonying or did you go to some x ski trails?
Talk to you soon,
Love dad

Unknown said...

Nice new layout. I say it was probably running a whole mile AND then lifting that did it in for you.

Bryan Underwood said...

Hey Mike,
Sad to see you leave, I was looking foward to getting some rides in with you. I'll be racing at Windham Mountain and possibly Mt. Snow. I'm also doing the Landmine Classic in Hingham, MA. Maybe I'll see you at some of these events.