Sunday, January 18, 2009

Training in the second week of January

The second week of Januray was a pretty good week for training. As I am working in the lab full time I unfortunately can't do too much outside because when I get out its dark outside, this leaves me with the weekends and indoor activities. I rode the trainer like ushual, watching some great movies like Joe Dirt and Ray. I hit the gym one day and actually enjoyed myself, doing lots of reps and sets at a lower weight, so I am looking forward to this Wednesday when I plan to hit the gym again. But the highlight of the week was going skiing at Mt. Snow on Sunday. I went with Sean and we were out for about 4 horus. We had some fresh snow, the temperature was just right, and it has been about two months since I skied last, so it was great.

On another note, I got my new UMASS kit (jersey and shorts) and I have to say they look great. They are from Giordana, a brand I have not had before, and they made a great initial impression with a nice fit and nice initial quality. Below you can see my sporting the new outfit, unshaved legs and all, and below that you can see a close look at the back.



2 comments:

Caroline said...

The jersey is really cool! I like the color patterns.

Also, for the record, Joe Dirt and Ray are not at all the same caliber of movie and should not be mentioned in that way...

See you sooooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Mike- looked at the race schedule and see you are going to be back for the 24 hour boyne!!!!
I better get my you know what in gear.