Saturday, August 25, 2012

Massasoit Lung Opener

The Massasoit Lung Opener was my first MTB race of t he year in the Root 66 MTB Series.  I had not done this race before, so I was not sure what to expect.  I was excited to race, I had got some good training in and I was fueled up with Raspberry Energy Blasts, I was good to go.  The gun went off, and the race started!



After about 15 minutes of racing I was in the top third and moving my way up, however we started a rocky and rooty descent and when I got to the bottom I heard that sound every cyclist hates, psssssssss.  My rear wheel had hit a rock and now I had a puncture.  I quickly took my rear wheel off and started to change the tube.  I managed to get a new tube in but it was too late, the entire field had gone.  I got back on my bike and started the chase, however after I finished the first lap it seemed that I would have a hard time catching back up.


However, I pushed on and did finish the race.  It was not where I wanted to finish, but I was happy that I pushed through the flat and I still had it in me to finish the race. 




No comments: