Saturday, August 25, 2012

Wrath of the Boneyard

The Boneyard got the best of me last year, as can be seen in a previous post.  Long story short, I was in second place charging towards the front and then I got a flat... So this year I returned with a vengeance, and was hoping to get the best of the boneyard this time.

It was a hot day, so I fueled up with Powerbar Performance Sports Drink, and headed to the starting line.



The race went off into a cloud of dust, with wheels blazing and pedals churning.  I was feeling good, riding the rocky course smoothly, and keeping up well.  I then started climbing up a hill and felt my back tire getting soft, I hopped off my bike, and checked my tire.... it was going flat!  The boneyard had got the best of me again!  I then did a quick fix and then rode back tot he starting line to put in a tube.  I fixed the bike up, and got back on the course.  At this point it was just a matter of finishing and I am glad to say that I did.  


The boneyard got the best of me again, but there is always next year...
 

No comments: